Simple Suppers in a Snap
Spend less time at the stovetop with these cooking hacks that make whipping up good eats even easier. Read on for foil pack dinner recipes, one-pan veggies and icebox desserts – plus some time-saving solutions that will up your kitchen game.
1. Quick Veggies – Next time you want roasted vegetables, place your cookie sheet in the oven as it preheats to avoid flipping halfway through the timer so your veggies can heat from both sides. Add salmon with lemon for a healthy and flavorful one-pan supper.
2. Powerful Performance – To maximize every minute at the sink, install a faucet with Moen’s Power Boost™ spray technology, like the Sarai™ faucet. The technology fills containers quickly and features a powerful spray that makes cleaning stuck-on food (like peanut butter and tomato sauce) quick and easy.
3. Low-Maintenance Meals – While pressure cookers might be trending, the classic slow cooker lets you begin cooking whenever is convenient for you, whether that’s the night before or in the morning. Combine ingredients you already have on hand, like chicken, BBQ sauce and cola, for a time- and dollar-saving dinner.
4. Easy Panini’s – No fancy panini press needed. Use an iron instead for an almost instantaneous dinner (yes, it really works!). Add sliced apple and arugula to a turkey and cheese panini for a yummy twist on a classic.
5. Choice Charcuterie – Meals that don’t require any actual cooking are a must-have on your menu of simple dinners. An easy go-to is the charcuterie board. Assembled on one plate, this entertaining classic is comprised of a mouthwatering combination of cheeses, cured meats and crackers or bread. Add fresh and dried fruits for a dose of healthiness.
6. Foil-Packet Food – In case you haven’t heard, tinfoil dinners are a dream come true. The foil substitutes for pans you may normally use, making cleanup a breeze, plus the packet traps heat, expediting the cooking process – talk about a win-win! Try your hand at everything from Parmesan Zucchini to Caesar Salmon.
7. Swift Steak – Whole pieces of beef or chicken can take ages to cook thoroughly whereas sliced or cubed meat needs a fraction of the time. Season steak strips with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce for a flavor-packed marinade, then grill it up in a matter of minutes.
If you frequently cook with raw meats, especially chicken, consider a faucet that offers hands-free convenience to avoid spreading germs and bacteria. For example, the Arlo™ kitchen faucet with MotionSense Wave™ touchless technology from Moen allows users to easily turn water on and off with just the wave of a hand.
8. Microwaved Noodles – Avoid dirtying giant pots by filling a microwave-safe dish with dry pasta. Add just enough water to cover the noodles by an inch, then simply zap and drain. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper for the perfect pasta dinner.
9. Icebox Desserts – No need to preheat your oven with these no-bake desserts that require zero cooking skills. For cookies-and-cream heaven, layer Oreo’s and whipped cream, then pop in the freezer for a few hours for a delectable frozen treat.
10. Speedy Cleanup – If you don’t already have one, consider installing a garbage disposal with Moen’s VORTEX™ permanent magnet motor technology, which quickly and powerfully grinds food scraps so you can spend more time enjoying your meal and less time cleaning at the kitchen sink. The brand’s newest garbage disposal is equipped with movement-sensing technology to illuminate cabinet space under the sink when the door is opened, reducing your time spent searching through an abyss of cleaning products for more dish soap.
Arlo Spot Resist Stainless One-Handle Pulldown Kitchen Faucet
Model: 87087EWSRSLearn More
Sarai Smart Kitchen Faucet Spot Resist Stainless One-Handle High Arc Pulldown
Model: 87836EVSRSLearn More