MOEN INCORPORATED "MOEN BATHROOM MAKEOVER” SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning a prize. Open to legal U.S. residents who are 18 and older (if the age of majority is older than 18, you must be the age of majority within your state or province to be eligible to win) at the time of entry.
1. Sweepstakes Period: The Moen Bathroom Makeover Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), sponsored by Moen Incorporated (“Sponsor”) and administered by 42Connect (“Administrator”), begins on November 15, 2021 at 12:00 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 30, 2021 at 11:59:59 P.M. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Entry into the Sweepstakes is open to permanent legal residents of [the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”), who are 18 years or older at time of entry (“Entrant”). Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and Administrator, their parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, agents and advertising and promotion agencies of each of the foregoing, and members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as including spouse, biological, adoptive or step- parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren and siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above, are NOT eligible to enter or win a prize. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations of the United States and is void outside of the 50 United States, D.C. and where prohibited by law.
3. How to Enter Sweepstakes: Navigate to https://www.moen.com/bathroom-makeover and enter the following information; (1) first name, (2) last name, (3) email address, (4) zip code, and (5) answer whether or not you currently own a Moen product. An Entrant may enter the Sweepstakes in accordance with these Official Rules only once per email address during the Sweepstakes Period; if more than the allowed entries are received from an individual Entrant (per email address), all such entries submitted will be disqualified and will not be included in the prize drawing described below. All entries must be received by December 30, 2021 at 11:59:59 P.M. ET.
4. Entry must be made by an individual person; use of script, macro, or other automated systems to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified.
5. Prize Drawing: The winners of the prizes described in Rule 6, below, will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Two (2) potential winners are eligible to win prizes each month during the sweepstakes period. The drawings will be conducted by Administrator as follows:
Start @ 12:00:00 AM ET on:
End @ 11:59:59 PM ET on:
Random Draw Date
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit One (1) prize per person/household/email address. [All non-winning entries will carry over to the subsequent random drawings.]
6. Prizes: There will be a total of four (4) prizes, each of which include: $5,000 USD worth of bathroom fixtures and bathroom accessories (limit up to 3 bathroom fixtures and 4 bathroom accessories), and a $5,000 USD gift card for use for installation of products selected and aesthetic and decorative improvements for the bathroom.
Total ARV of all prizes in this Sweepstakes: $40,000 USD. All federal, state or local income taxes on the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. All prizes are awarded “as is” and Sponsor makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, in fact or in law, with regard to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value of any prize will not be awarded in cash or in any other form. Dollar amounts are expressed in U.S. currency. No transfer or substitution of prizes (or any portion thereof) or cash alternative permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value in the event the advertised prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable. Winners will receive a coupon code through the email they provided at time of entry to be used to redeem the bathroom fixtures and bathroom accessories of their choice. Winners will have 60 days from the date the email was sent containing the coupon code to redeem their bathroom fixtures and accessories. All prizes will be awarded according to these Official Rules provided a sufficient quantity of qualifying entries are received and the prizes are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules. Prizes (and all elements thereof) are not redeemable for cash. You will receive a 1099 tax form if you are awarded a total prize value over $599. It is up to the Entrant to report these earnings as part of your annual tax filing.
7. Consent to Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, a winner’s acceptance of his/her prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use said winner's name, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media (including but not limited to the Sponsor’s website and social media), in perpetuity, without limitation and without further notice or compensation. Winning any prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules, including verification of Entrant’s eligibility.
8. Winner Notification: Within approximately seven (7) days of the random drawing, the potential winners will be notified via email, phone or mail, using contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason.
Each winner must provide positive identification specified by Sponsor to claim/participate in a prize and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law) within twenty (20 days of notification or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among the remaining entries. If any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among the remaining entries.
9. Liability Release: Participation in the Sweepstakes and (if applicable) acceptance of a prize constitutes each Entrant’s agreement to hold harmless Sponsor and Administrator, their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiary companies, and the officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising in any way from or in connection with their participation in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize (if applicable), or their participation in prize-related activities (if applicable). All taxes are the responsibility of the winner. BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE, TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THAT IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE YOU MAY BE AWARDED. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for: (i) electronic, wireless or digital transmissions or any entries that are lost, late, damaged, stolen, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, illegible or incomplete; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software, or telephone transmissions, damage to an Entrant's or any person's computer and/or its/their contents, or causes beyond the Sponsor and Administrator’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (vi) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of prize(s)/prize winner(s); (vii) malfunctions or interference resulting from illicit, malicious or injurious code (including but not limited to viruses, worms and denial of service attacks); or (viii) cheating or fraud by any Entrant. If for any reason the Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor and/or Administrator that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or if the Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and reserves the right, but shall not be obligated, to select the winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time/date such action was taken. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or enters using any automatic programmed entry duplication method or third-party entry service.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Dispute Resolution: By entering, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal, state or local court located in the state of Ohio; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Ohio.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
12. Winners List: For the name of the prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope after December 1, 2021; January 1, 2022 and February 1, 2022 and no later than October 1, 2022 to: Moen Incorporated, Bathroom Makeover Sweepstakes, 25300 Al Moen Drive, North Olmsted 44070. VT residents may omit postage.
13. All trademarks related to the prizes in this Sweepstakes are the property of their respective owners and no sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation with Sponsor, its products or this Sweepstakes is implied by their use.
15. Winners may be required by Sponsor to submit photos of his or her bathroom makeover project. Winners must warrant that they have full rights to do so and submitted photos do not infringe any copyright, trademark, publicity, privacy or other proprietary right of any third party, union or guild and contain no defamatory or offensive content. By submitting requested photos, Winner warrants that they have received all necessary consents to submit requested photos and may be required to provide proof of such consent. Further, by submitting any requested photos, Winners will grant Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the photos in any way, in whole or in part, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed, without limitation and without notice or consideration to the Winner. Winner further agrees that his/her photo submission constitutes an assignment to Sponsor of all rights, title and intellectual property rights in and to all components of such photos, including without limitation the right to make any derivative version of the photo submission (in whole or in part), and absolute discretion to alter the photos in any way, including without limitation editing, cropping, reformatting, title changes, and removal or addition of any element.
16. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Moen Incorporated, 25300 Al Moen Drive, North Olmsted 44070.
Administrator: This Sweepstakes is administered by 42Connect, 1100 Superior Ave., East, Suite 1260, Cleveland, Ohio 44114.
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor only.
© Moen Incorporated. All rights reserved.