Alexa is responding with an error message
Here are some common Alexa error messages, what caused the error and how to avoid the issue in the future:
- Alexa response: "Hmm, I'm not sure" or "I don't know that one." or you hear a double beep.
- Reason: the shower hasn't been connected to Alexa yet.
- Solution: Clearly speak the command during the voice command and make sure the U by Moen skill is enabled in your Alexa app and synced to your U by Moen account
- Alexa response: "I couldn’t find my shower." or "I couldn't find ( )."
- Reason: There may be conflicts with other devices or skills.
- Solution: Make sure to use the name of the shower device in the Alexa app.
- Alexa response: "You must connect your U by Moen account to use this skill. Please use the Alexa app to link your U by Moen account."
- Reason: U by Moen skill has not been enabled and connected to the users U by Moen account
- Solution: Enable the U by Moen skill within the Alexa app and connect the U by Moen account to the Alexa account
- Alexa response: "I don’t know how to set guest bath to that setting."
- Reason: The temperature requested may exceed the maximum temperature limit.
- Solution: Select a temperature below the "Maximum Temperature Setting" when activating your shower with Alexa
- Reason: The preset name was not recognized.
- Solution: Make sure to give presets simple, unique names using common words, and say the preset name clearly and exactly as it is in your U by Moen app. Then, when activating your shower, say, “Alexa, set (name of shower) to the (preset name) mode.
- Assure your Alexa device is well positioned for optimal interaction: place it at least eight inches from any walls and windows; assure there's no echo or reverb in the room. Additional device help and support can be found at www.amazon.com