How it Works
- The Property Water Security System is an online, subscription-based service that allows property teams to monitor and control the water to multiple units that have Flo by Moen™ Smart Water Shutoff devices installed.
- The dashboard allows property owners to assign locations to the appropriate team members to view and manage the property’s water health and respond to real-time alerts should leaks or other water issues develop.
- Property teams can control the water security of individual units, whole buildings, or multiple properties from any location. In some applications, residents may even control their unit’s water using the Flo by Moen™ App.
- Real-time alerts are provided in the dashboard and through text, email, or phone call to allow property teams to act accordingly.
- Flo by Moen™ Smart Water Shutoff monitors and calculates water pressure, ambient temperature, and flow rates, and communicates to the dashboard 24/7.
- The Smart Water Shutoff’s propriety MicroLeak™ technology allows the device to run daily Health Tests and proactively monitor the security of the unit’s water system to help identify leaks, even those as small as one drop of water per minute.
- Remote and automatic shutoff options are available through the dashboard to help prevent catastrophic water damage.
- The dashboard and Smart Water Shutoff optimize water savings by helping property owners and managers understand water usage and meet conservation goals.
- To communicate to the Property Water Security System, the Smart Water Shutoff device requires a Wi-Fi connection or the optional Flo by Moen™ Cellular Antenna for full functionality.
- A standard power outlet is required for installation, and an optional Battery Backup is available.
Additional Features: Local Mode for New Construction or Empty Units
- Flo by Moen™ Smart Water Shutoff can be set to Local Mode on new construction projects or in empty units in between tenants; it will work offline to detect leaks and automatically shut off water at a predetermined threshold.
- Working offline means no Wi-Fi or dashboard pairing are required.
- Once installed, plumbers can adjust the leak detection sensitivity level (high, medium, or low) as needed to fit the property.
- LED indicators will help the construction or maintenance teams identify issues.
- If automatically shut off, the water will stay turned off until the valve is manually turned back on.
- Pressurized pipes and AC power are the only requirements for activation.
- Upon completion of the project, the property team can connect the Smart Water Shutoff to Wi-Fi or the Flo by Moen™ Cellular Antenna to activate the device’s full features.
- Since the device is working offline, if a leak is detected, it is up to the plumber or maintenance teams to troubleshoot and determine the source of the leak.