North Olmsted, Ohio... Replace the anxiety of a flooded basement with the power of 24/7 peace of mind and plumbing protection with the new Flo by Moen™ Smart Sump Pump Monitor*. This device uses connected, smart technology to help homeowners reduce the risk of flooding as a result of failed sump pumps by providing monitoring and alerts when potential failures or unusual conditions are detected. The proactive monitoring allows homeowners to address and mitigate the risk of water damage from anywhere at any time, so they never have to worry if their sump pump is working properly ever again.
“Discovering a flood in your home is devastating, especially when you lose precious keepsakes and other meaningful or expensive belongings – not to mention the mental anxiety of dealing with the cleanup,” says Suzy Street, product manager, digital & IoT, Moen. “With our new Smart Sump Pump Monitor, we’re helping homeowners protect themselves against the unexpected, giving them the tools they need to monitor their water supply in real time and alerting them to potential issues before they start – all with the goal of helping them avoid what is often one of the costliest and most stressful water issues they might face in their home.”
How It Works:
The Smart Sump Pump Monitor detects sump pump water levels, performance, power loss, humidity, temperature, leaks, and Wi-Fi status to help ensure the pump is working efficiently and prevent against water damage, with the ability to view real-time data, analytics, and pump status in the Moen App. If an abnormality or leak is detected, homeowners are alerted through their preferred notification method – the Moen App, text, email, phone call – or through an audible alarm to help protect their home.
Features of the Smart Sump Pump Monitor include:
- Real-Time Sump Pump Health Check: Includes Smart Water Level Sensor that monitors water levels in real time to alert homeowners of a flooding risk or if the pump is not working efficiently.
- Back-Up for Your Back-Up: Runs tests on the battery back-up system (if applicable) to ensure it’s ready to work when needed.
- Away from Home Access: Provides real-time notifications about potential issues with the sump pump system via the Moen App and through an audible siren for when users aren’t nearby their smartphone.
- 24/7 Monitoring with Alerts: Plug any brand sump pump into the Wi-Fi enabled smart outlet to monitor pump performance and be alerted of potential issues.
- Outage Alert: Notifies users via the app and through an optional audible alarm on the monitor if there is a Wi-Fi or power outage which could disrupt the primary sump pump from working properly.
- Leak Detection: Device includes standalone leak detector, and includes a Remote Leak Sensing Disc to enable another layer of protection by letting homeowners know as soon as water is where it shouldn’t be near their sump pump.
- Freeze Alert: Offers location monitoring to alert for abnormalities in temperature which can indicate problems with freezing pipes.
- Humidity Monitoring: Offers location monitoring to alert for abnormalities in humidity percentage which can indicate the possible occurrence of mold.
The Smart Sump Pump Monitor is retrofittable to a homeowner’s current sump pump. A Wi-Fi connection is required for full functionality, and a standard power outlet near the Sump Pump is required for installation.
A Full Suite of Leak and Flood Protection:
The Smart Sump Pump Monitor completes the leak and flood prevention product suite as part of the Moen whole-home smart water ecosystem. It offers homeowners another level of protection from water damage in areas that often are not monitored today, but remain a large source of potential water issues. The leak and flood prevention product suite also features:
- Flo by Moen Smart Water Shutoff: a leak detection and water monitoring device that’s installed on the water lines going into the home and can automatically turn off the water to the home if a leak or risk is detected. The Smart Water Shutoff provides automated water security by monitoring water pressure, flow rate, and ambient temperature, while running daily Health Tests to check for leaks and other abnormalities. If the Shutoff senses a home has a leak or is at risk, it will alert the homeowner so they can take action through the app, or the device can be set to close the water valve automatically and help prevent catastrophic damage.
- Flo by Moen Smart Water Detectors: a standalone sensor that can be placed anywhere in a home to alert homeowners when and where it detects moisture outside of the pipes to help prevent water damage and loss due to a fixture malfunction or environmental factors.
All Flo by Moen leak and flood prevention products can be used individually or work together for whole-home protection and the ultimate in water security – all through the Moen App.
The Smart Sump Pump Monitor includes a 1-year limited warranty** to cover any manufacturer defects.
For more information about the Flo by Moen Smart Sump Pump Monitor, visit moen.com/flo or call 1-800-BUY-MOEN (1-800-289-6636).
*Will be available in Canada in 2022
**For complete warranty information, visit moen.com. Important exclusions apply. Warranty only applies to original purchaser.