FEEL BETTER FAST: WAYS TO PERK UP YOUR MOOD IN AN INSTANT
North Olmsted, Ohio... Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, stress finds its way into our lives. Thankfully there are things you can do to shake any bad feelings fast. Try these six surefire tips to boost your mood instantly.
1. Put a Song in Your Head -- Regardless of genre preference, music has a way of lifting spirits. Make a playlist of upbeat songs to brighten the day, or create a fresh new station on your favorite internet radio service. When the stress sets in, let the music play. You'll be singing a new tune in no time, and your positive energy may even lighten up the people around you!
2. Try Water for Wellness -- Water has a way of inviting relaxation -- so start your day with a warm, steamy shower. You can easily turn the bathroom into a personal spa by upgrading your showerhead with a powerful rainshower. Or, go for a major upgrade, and design a new spa-like oasis, including full-body, customizable coverage with body sprays. Moen's new Mosaic™ flushmount multi-function body sprays are the perfect addition, as they direct water just where you want it and can allow you to easily switch between two settings: regular flow and pulsing massage. It's sure to help start or end your day in an amazing mood.
3. Just Say "Om" -- Much like fitness trains your body; meditation trains your mind. So turn off the stress and get in the "now" by meditating. With regular practice, it's been shown to create a sense of emotional balance and decrease stress. Don't know how? Try attending yoga classes, or download Headspace, the app that teaches you how to meditate in just ten minutes a day.
4. Get Outdoors -- Grab your hiking shoes and head out the door. Recent studies show that taking walks in nature -- or even just looking at it -- can have a rejuvenating effect on the brain, making it work better and more effectively. And as a bonus, the vitamin D taken in from the sun during your time outdoors will help keep your body balanced.
5. Hit the Gym -- If you're not the outdoorsy type, flip your mood around at the gym. A workout or even just a fast-paced, 30-minute walk can stimulate different chemicals in the brain that make you feel more relaxed and happy. Boost your positive endorphins all day with a morning workout. Plus, this will do more than just improve your bad mood -- it will also get your body in shape.
6. Hug It Out -- Did you know that our bodies release a hormone known as oxytocin when it encounters love and affection? So when you're feeling blue -- it's amazing what a hug can do! Whether it's friends, families or pets, being around the ones you care about will improve your state of mind, reduce stress and lower blood pressure.
Don't you feel better already? Take control of those tough days and remember one -- or all -- of these surefire mood boosters. You'll be feeling fine in no time!