What is the advantage of a Moen cartridge?
Our cartridge design made history by being named one of the "best 100 inventions of the 21st century". Our one-piece cartridge is a self-contained assembly; with fewer parts, there is less to go wrong. Our cartridges do not have washers or springs that wear easily, and are easy to repair or replace. Our competitors' designs are often more complicated due to their many movable and loose components. Having more parts increases the potential for more problems, which leads to more repairs. Below are some of the reasons why we are still the standard, more than 40 years after our cartridge was first used in a Moen faucet:
- Simplicity – Our cartridge assembly contains no complicated parts, requiring less maintenance.
- Design – Our design eliminates washers and springs, the most common causes of leaks and drips.
- Ease of Installation – Our one piece design makes replacement quick and painless.
- Limited Lifetime Limited Warranty – Our faucets are made to last. If something should go wrong, replacement parts will be sent free of charge (see our warranty for details).
- Material – All of our cartridges are made from high-tech material for optimal performance and long life.
- Ease of Use – Our handle operation is smooth with the cartridge's greased piston.