Design & Planning Bathroom
Inspirational Photo Gallery
Whether you're updating here and there, or completely transforming your space – you'll find helpful tips, exciting trends and bright ideas to get you started.
Before-and-After | Keren B.
My Remodeling Goal
Mold and water damage destroyed our home last year, and we remodeled out of necessity. But as long as we had to do it, we were going to do it right! We replaced the old shower stall with a large tub, replaced the bulky 1970's cabinets with compact vanities, and replaced the dated laminate and linoleum with travertine and granite. My wife is an artist, so she included some understated mosaic work when installing the travertine. Natural colors make the room feel bigger. We also replaced the door with a bamboo screen and sliding panel door.
Tips and Advice from My Remodeling Experience
1) Remodeling is a marriage-strengthening undertaking
2) Travertine is heavy, so lift with your legs
3) Natural surfaces are beautiful
4) You can find great deals if you look for them
5) It's really rewarding when it's all done