Design & Planning Bathroom
THE SCOOP ON SHOWERING:
MOEN UNCOVERS 15 FUN FACTS ABOUT THIS DAILY RITUAL
You shower in the morning. For seven minutes. At a temperature of 99°F. Under a wall-mounted showerhead. Sound familiar? We all think our showering routine is "normal" – but what about those folks who use their smartphones in the shower? Or (eek) clip their nails in what should be a sanctuary of solitude.
- On average, a shower lasts about 13 minutes – but consumers wish it could last five minutes longer.
- Americans take approximately 6.7 showers per week.
- Males take showers more frequently than females (7 times per week vs. 6.4, respectively).
- Fifty-eight percent of Americans shower in the morning.
- On average, consumers wash their hair 5.7 times per week.
- Sixty-seven percent spend their time in the shower daydreaming on topics like family and relationships, as well as thinking about work and household chores.
- Sixty-three percent sing in the shower because they feel happy, relaxed and know that no one can hear them.
- Women are 16 percent more inclined to spend time mulling over family issues and chores than men.
- Seventy-three percent of U.S. consumers share their shower with their spouse/significant other.
- More consumers dry off outside the shower rather than inside.
- Forty-five percent of women say their biggest pet peeve is that their male counterparts never clean the shower.
- Forty-eight percent of homeowners wish they could make their shower larger.
- Almost half of all consumers currently have a wall-mounted, standard-sized showerhead; but the most preferred is a wall-mounted rainshower.
- Sixty-two percent of consumers prefer a hot shower.
- Thirty-seven percent of consumers want to conserve water, but don't want to sacrifice shower performance.